Patient Education Articles |
Share a Story
[ back to top ]
- www.HealthyChildren.org - Healthy Children - Join HealthyChildren.org. Get up-to-the-minute information tailored just for you. It's quick, easy and free. register.
- American Board of Pediatrics
- American Medical Association
- The Office of Minority Health (OMH) was created by the U.S.
Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) in 1985 as a result
of the Report of the Secretary's Task Force on Black and Minority
- The American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP) and its member pediatricians
dedicate their efforts and resources to the health, safety and
well-being of infants, children, adolescents and young adults.
- The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) is recognized
as the lead federal agency for protecting the health and safety
of people - at home and abroad, providing credible information
to enhance health decisions, and promoting health through strong
- The National Institutes of Health is the steward of medical
and behavioral research for the Nation.
- healthfinder® is an award-winning Federal Web site, developed
by the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services together
with other Federal agencies.
- Attention Deficit Disorder Association
- Children and Adults with Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder
(CHADD) is a national non-profit organization founded in 1987
in response to the frustration and sense of isolation experienced
by parents and their children with AD/HD.
- A national initiative to promote and improve the health and
well-being of infants, children, and adolescents.
- The National Cancer Institute
Patient Education Articles
The following links take you to patient-friendly information provided by Healthcommunities.com, a physician-monitored resource:
The availability of these Health Education Articles on our web site does not imply endorsement by Select Pediatrics, PC, of any links within the articles.
The following links are provided and monitored by Healthcommunities.com:
National Child Abuse Hotline
The National Domestic Violence Hotline
National Suicide Prevention Lifeline
Alcoholics Anonymous (AA)
American Council on Alcoholism
Arthritis National Research Foundation
The Arthritis Research Institute Of America (ARIA)
National Association for Continence
National Kidney and Urologic Diseases Information Clearinghouse
Simon Foundation for Incontinence
American Cancer Society (ACS)
National Cancer Institute
American Heart Association
The Heart Failure Society of America, Inc. (HFSA)
National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute
American Diabetes Association
CDC's Diabetes and Public Health Resource
National Diabetes Information Clearinghouse (NDIC)
American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgery (ASCRS)
The Glaucoma Foundation
Macular Degeneration Foundation
American Podiatric Medical Association
Lyme Disease Info
The Wound Care Institute, Inc.
Find an HIV Test Site (U.S.)
American Association of Kidney Patients (AAKP)
National Kidney and Urologic Diseases Information
National Kidney Foundation
Kidney & Urology Foundation of America
American Association for Respiratory Care
American Lung Association (ALA)
Asthma and Allergy Foundation of America (AAFA)
Pulmonary Hypertension Association
Anxiety Disorders Association of America (ADAA)
National Mental Health Association
Suicide Prevention Action Network USA
National Aphasia Association
National Parkinson Foundation, Inc.
American Stroke Association
National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke
American Chronic Pain Association, Inc. (ACPA)
American Academy of Dermatology
American Society for Dermatologic Surgery
The National Eczema Society
Skin Cancer Foundation